Welding jobs in New Mexico, USA. – Apply for Welder Helper Jobs at Wood – Jal, NM. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Welders Helper to work in the oil and gas industry for a project in Jal, NM.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
In general, a Welders Helper that has little or no experience in any craft area. They will generally be assigned to assist one or more craftsmen with miscellaneous tasks. A helper may perform a variety of duties, such as furnishing another worker with materials, tools, and supplies, cleaning work areas, machines, and equipment; holding materials or tools; and performing other routine duties. A helper’s duties may be limited or restricted to one type of activity, such as moving materials from one area to another, cleaning machines or work areas.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to work with a craft person
- Identify, recognize and select appropriate materials related to specific crafts
- Demonstrate ability to assist craft person installation, demolition, and other procedures specific to the craft
- Demonstrate ability to perform manual excavation
- The employee is expected to work using all the safe equipment that OSHA requires as well as what is required by Wood
Skills / Qualifications
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Mechanic/Oiler/Welder Jobs at LB3 Enterprises, Inc. – California
- Thermal Finisher/Welder Jobs at Arcosa Inc. – Kutztown, PA
- Lead Welder Jobs at iHire – Brooklyn, NY
- Welder Job at Metallurgical Processing LLC – Warren, MI
- Welder – 1st Shift Job at Wagman – York, PA
- Welder Job at AMETEK – Irvine, CA
- TIG Welder – 2nd shift Job at Chart Industries, Inc. – Ball Ground, GA
- Regional Code Welder Job at Covanta – Bainbridge, PA
- Technical writer Job at Randstad USA – Los Angeles County, CA
- Science Writer Job at Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard – Cambridge, MA
See More: 1,000+ Welding Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-tradecraft-us-external.icims.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.