Welding jobs in Iowa, USA – Apply for Welder Jobs at gpac – Cedar Rapids, IA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
- We are currently looking for a Welder. This position will be working in a dedicated purpose of manufacturing components, structure, and machines. This role includes setting up and operaterating welders to hand weld products in a safe, efficient, quality, and ergonomic manner, performing welding operations on various metals and alloys to produce a wide variety of products with high strength and pressure requirements. Candidates must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16″, have strong math skills and have the ability to read micrometers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs compactors, containers and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for compactor repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other RequirementsC. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
- Basic skills in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Reach out via e-mail: email@example.com or 605-705-3249
Automotive Manufacturing Companies: If your team needs any position(s) filled, we can also assist in presenting qualified talent. Reach out for consultation TODAY!
gpac | Search Consultant
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- 1 Shift Welder Assistant Jobs at Allied OneSource – Bridgeton, MO (On-site)
- Welder II – American Hydro Corporation (York, PA, US) Jobs at Wärtsilä – York, PA (On-site)
- Welder Jobs at FactoryFix – Neillsville, WI
- WELDERS Jobs at Kelly – Mesa, AZ
- Welding Specialist Jobs at Hubbell Incorporated – Plympton, MA
- Welder Jobs at OPW, a Dover Company – Hamilton, OH
- Welder Jobs at Kelly – Vance, AL
- Welder Jobs at Cornerstone Building Brands – Mount Pleasant, IA
- Welder Jobs at Alliance Laundry Systems LLC – Ripon, WI
- Welder/Fabricator Jobs at Smithfield Foods – Smithfield, VA
See More: 1,000+ Welding Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit application.jobs.net.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.