Center for Responsive Schools
Editor jobs in Massachusetts, USA – Apply for Writer/Editor Jobs at Center for Responsive Schools – Turners Falls, MA On-site. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Writer/Editor reports to the Director of Fly Five Programs and is responsible for supporting the work of the Fly Five department by helping to develop, write, edit and proofread a variety of print and digital content for a variety of publications, products and materials. The Writer/Editor must be able to create and adhere to style sheets and guides, be skilled in writing for different audiences, be able to work on multiple projects and deadlines with different team members. Assignments given to the Writer / Editor have clear, and sometimes short, deadlines. Teleworking is an option for this position. Contributing to the writing, editing, copyediting, background research, and proofing stages of Fly Five retail publications; including books, curriculum, articles, Quick Coaching Guides, student books and materials, teaching guides, online content, video and various other products.
- Adheres to a monthly calendar for digital content such as, but not limited to, online blogs, articles, social media post, and website content.
- Writing or editing material for print and digital newsletters, catalogs, website, emails and other marketing pieces.
- Contributing to the writing of the Fly Five professional development workshop and curriculum materials, products, services and events as required.
- Adheres to schedules and deadlines for assigned projects, supporting the Director of Fly Five Programs office with writing and editing of materials as needed.
- Build and maintain foundational knowledge of all Fly Five content and products.
- Staying informed of current educational trends, topics of high interest Fly Five customers, and the evolving reading habits and preferred reading mediums of Fly Five.
- Working with the Marketing Department to develop copy for campaigns.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with writers and project collaborators.
- Appreciates and values diversity. Represents CRS positively and professionally in interactions with clients, vendors, and the community at large in both real and virtual interactions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in writing and editing for an organization, preferably in education publishing
- Ability to work on a PC, some Mac experience recommended
- Experienced in MS Word, is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organization, decision-making, and customer service skills
- Able to take direction, feedback, and edits from reviewers with varying roles and backgrounds
- Manage multiple priorities while attending to details
- Interest in education and organization’s mission
- Perform effectively as a team player in a highly-collaborative work environment
- Regular and reliable attendance, onsite position
- Building knowledge of Fly Five customers, website users, and programs by periodically attending events as required.
- Ability to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day, with breaks and lunch.
- Ability to talk on the telephone for up to 4 hours per day.
- Ability to travel by airplane and automobile, on occasion
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Copy Editor (Pharma) Jobs at Planet Technology – Seattle, WA Remote
- Editor (Remote) Jobs at Groove Jones – Dallas, TX
- Editor Jobs at State of Missouri – Jefferson City, MO
- Managing Editor – WBFO Jobs at Buffalo Toronto Public Media – Buffalo, NY
- Outline Editor Jobs at Callisto Media – Emeryville, CA
- Content Editor Jobs at THG – New York, NY
- Associate Copy Editor Jobs at WebMD – New York, NY
- Recipe Editor Jobs at HelloFresh – Boulder, CO
- Editor, Content Jobs at Blavity Inc. – Los Angeles, CA (Remote)
- Senior Lead Editor Jobs at Lynk – New York
See More: 1,000+ Editor Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.tfaforms.com.