Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Texas, United States. – Apply for Yard Marshal Amazon Jobs – Arlington, TX. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642472
Job Title: Yard Marshal.
We’re expanding our team within Amazon Logistics! If you’re interested in joining a business where you can have fun, be a leader in the organization, and drive communication across teams, this could be the role for you. As a Yard Marshal you will be a leader and specialize in communicating across the operation to multiple stakeholders and plan safe operation of AMZL yards. Our Yard Marshals drive the pulse of our operations on the ground and play a key role in getting our customers’ orders delivered.
· Create a strategic dock plan for arrival and placement of trailers and plan for exceptions and contingencies.
· Coordinate with operations and delivery service providers to ensure smooth flow of traffic through the launch pads, ensure safe operations, and drive on-time dispatch performance.
· Ensure that all safety measures and precautions are in place and being used regarding the docks, trailers and delivery vehicles.
· Conduct daily coordination with station operation managers, upstream transportation partners and carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time, safely, and with zero defects.
· Keep an up to date knowledge of scheduled trailer appointments, monitor new releases and communicate with other departments.
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the station trailer yard through meticulous attention to detail and daily yard audits.
· Perform Trailer Dock Release (TDR) and comply with safety standards and processes.
· Assist in unloading trailers.
· Consolidate information from different sources to determine daily trailer pool requirements, trailer flow in yard, and generate daily reports to support business needs.
· Escalate systematic and operational issues through case and ticket systems, audit delivery and shipping documents as needed, and troubleshoot shipping problems and errors to resolution.
· Ability to understand and interact with Amazon warehouse management systems and utilize electronic devices to log all trailer moves in Yard Management System and maintain accurate yard inventory.
· Standing and/or walking during a minimum ten-hour shift.
· Lift up to 35 pounds and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
· Manual dexterity in hands and wrist.
· Work in an environment that is subject to variable temperatures and weather.
• A high school diploma or equivalent.
• Are at least 18 years old, and authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required.
• 2+ years of work experience or a completed Associate’s Degree.
• 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Good communication skills with diverse audiences with confidence, clarity, and right focus.
· Strong logical thinking, analytical skill, and problem solving skill.
· Good teamwork mentality to build trustworthy and supportive working relationships.
· Ability to learn quickly and work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
· Must be well organized and detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task.
· Able to learn the shipping and truckload transportation process.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.