This article will provide you with a detailed and up-to-date description of the machine operator Job description, The duties, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and annual salary are all listed here. Are you getting ready to interview for an machine operator position? Or are you looking to recruit and hire talented machine operator that will provide support to your company? Everything you need to know about an machine operator job description is here.Machine Operator Job Description
This machine operator job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for an machine operator. It’s useful to post on various job sites to assist by troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance. You can use this information as a job seeker to make a good resume and get ready for an interview.Machine Operator Job Description
Machine Operator Job Description
Machine operators take care of all machine-specific functions such as configuring the equipment, loading and operating the machines, and optimizing the machine capability. They need to ensure that the machine works at its full capacity, oversee its maintenance, and perform timely quality checks. They should be a self starter and should be willing to undergo training if need be, to understand the operations of new equipment. Machine Operator Job Description
Machine operators set-up, operate, and maintain machinery, usually in a manufacturing setting. They are responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained.
Education and training requirements depend on the type of machinery. Most machine operator positions require a high school degree. Machine operators typically have strong attention to detail, strong mathematical skills, and are excellent team workers.
Machine operators may work with computer-operated equipment or with mechanical equipment. They also install their machines, operate them to aid in plant processes, and perform routine maintenance checks. They are self-motivated team players who have an aptitude for computers and mechanics.Machine Operator Job Description
Duties of a Machine Operator
- Monitoring and maintaining warehouse equipment and machinery
- Setting up manufacturing equipment
- Overseeing training of new or Junior Machine Operators
- Using machine equipment to complete tasks
- Performing routine inspections of manufacturing equipment
- Evaluating the efficiency of each unit regularly, identifying improvements as needed
Responsibilities of a Machine Operator
- Set up machinery for operation
- Start machinery and make adjustments to machinery when necessary to improve performance
- Operate machinery and equipment according to instructions
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area
- Calibrate the machine before the production begins.
- Ensure the machines are regularly checked and cleaned.
- Monitor and control the machine performance and settings.
- Regularly conduct tests of the machines performance and operating capacity.
- Inspect machinery with appropriate tools.
- Feed raw materials into semi-automated machines and help the assembly line.
- Fix any issues or malfunctions that may occur.
- Check the output of the machines and identify any issues.
- Keep an updated database on all of the machines information, defective units and final products.
- Maintain a log of the activity.
- Regularly submit performance reports
- Setting up machines to start a production cycle
- Controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications of a Machine Operator
- Graduate with any technical degree.
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience
- Must be detail-oriented
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
Skills of a Machine Operator
- Prior experience as a machine operator.
- Strong knowledge of a heavy duty and high-speed machinery.
- Strong ability to use measurement tools.
- Good understanding of production procedures and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of safety methods and hazard regulations.
- Ability to read manuals, blueprints, and handbooks.
- Good physical stamina and keen attention to detail.
Salary of a Machine Operator
The estimated total pay for a Machine Operator is $38,448 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $36,676 per year. These numbers represent the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated additional pay is $1,771 per year. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing.
As the assistance, the machine operator is responsible for fix issues that might occur during the shift. An machine operator is expected to Keep an updated database on all of the machines information, defective units and final products.
Feed raw materials into semi-automated machines and help the assembly line is an important duty of a machine operator. Operate machinery and equipment according to instructions. Another important responsibility is to frequently use computers to create spreadsheets, presentations, and reports, as well as manage databases.
Finally, the duties of a machine operator are to calibrate the machine before the production begins.Machine Operator Job Description