In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Machinist Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Machinist, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Machinist Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Machinist Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will Operate and maintains lathe and milling machines. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Mortgage Underwriter Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Machinist Job Description
Machinists are professionals who use machine tools and equipment to build or repair precision tools according to technical drawings and instructions.
A machinist uses computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools to cut and produce precision parts for machines, instruments, and tools, such as lathes and milling machines. Machinists repair or manufacture parts with precision measurements using both manual and automated equipment. A machinist’s primary goal is to ensure efficient production operations and optimize procedures. A machinist is typically employed in a manufacturing plant.Machinist Job Description
Most machinists have a high school diploma, but an apprenticeship or vocational training is preferred. Successful machinists have strong mathematical and analytical abilities, as well as excellent manual dexterity.
Read Also: Cocktail Server Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Machinist (Machinist Job Duties)
- Examining samples, drawings, or instructions to determine output specifications
- Planning the sequence of actions required to complete a task
- Taking measurements and marking material to be cut or shaped
Responsibilities of Machinist
- Examine samples, drawings, or instructions to understand output specifications.
- Plan the sequence of actions required to complete a task.
- Take measurements and mark the material to be cut or shaped.
- For a job, select appropriate machines (such as lathes) and position or load material.
- Observe safety rules and regulations while on the job.
- While working, monitor the machine to adjust the feed, maintain temperature, and identify problems.
- Check the output for consistency with specifications and discard any errors.
- Keep track of approved and faulty units or final products.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance on your own.
- For all machining operations, follow engine manuals, technical data, and work instructions.
- Analyzing specification charts, samples, and drawings to gain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements
- Creating a strategy for manufacturing parts in accordance with specifications
- Measuring and marking raw materials required for part production
- Setting up the necessary equipment to complete each step of the manufacturing process
- Using the proper equipment to complete each step
- Monitoring the manufacturing process and intervening when issues arise
- Examining completed parts for flaws and defects
- Maintaining machine shop equipment located throughout the shop
- Make precision tools.
- Technical drawings and instructions must be interpreted.
- Assure that all operations follow safety protocols.
- Check that all of the equipment produced works properly. Machinist Job Description
Read Also: Corporate Trainer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Machinist (Machinist Job qualifications)
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship is advantageous.
- Proven experience as a machinist
- Experience with manual, semi-automated, and automated tools and machines, as well as programming (lathes, grinders, etc.) Machinist Job Description
Machinist Job Skills
- Understanding of metal and other material properties
- The reading ability for blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Analytical and math skills are required.
- Physical endurance and strength to lift heavy objects
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy, and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Basic computer abilities
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and performing repetitive tasks
Read Also: Media Planner Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Machinist Job Salary
An entry-level Machinist with less than 1-year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.51 based on 147 salaries. An early career Machinist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.98 based on 1,493 salaries. A mid-career Machinist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $21.41 based on 1,009 salaries. An experienced Machinist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $23.55 based on 896 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $26.
Read Also: Sterile Processing Technician Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, a machinist is a professional who designs and manufactures precision metal parts with a high level of accuracy using various methods. Their responsibilities include setting up equipment, operating it, and inspecting finished parts.
Leave a Reply