In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Media Planner Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Media Planner, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Media Planner Job Description
This Media Planner Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Media Planner Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who develop, negotiate and execute print, radio, out-of-home and non-traditional media plans while also evaluating promotion/merchandising opportunities for clients. Media Planner Job Description
As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Patient Transporter Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Media Planner Job Description
A media planner researches the market and creates effective marketing campaigns for businesses and advertising agencies. These highly analytical professionals, also known as media researchers or media specialists, present campaign proposals, evaluate campaign performance, and manage budgets.
Duties of a media planner
- Analyze client KPIs to present media recommendations, executing largest campaign with other media partners
- Collaborate with analysts to develop testing/tagging tactics, determine KPIs, create benchmarks, and compile monthly reports.
- Develop, negotiate and execute print, radio, out-of-home and non-traditional media plans while also evaluating promotion/merchandising opportunities for clients.
- Negotiate contracts with major nationally recognize newspapers, magazines, and outdoor vendors.
Responsibilities of a media planner
- Obtaining and analyzing market data.
- Managing campaign budgets and negotiating prices for features like advertising space and social media campaigns.
- Managing the execution of media campaigns.
- Identifying and analyzing target audiences’ behavior, characteristics, and routines.
- Selecting the best media outlet combination for various campaigns.
- Client campaign proposals are prepared and presented.
- Monitoring media trends of all channels, including magazines, blogs, and television.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of media advertising plans and campaigns.
- Before releasing any advertisements or marketing campaigns, they should be proofread.
- Manage the domestic and international marketing media budget – evaluate opportunities for acceptable ROI and ensure budgetary constraints are met.
- Provide day-to-day campaign management on paid and SEO marketing campaigns to ensure successful results.
- Set up and maintain all campaigns in DoubleClick
- Put together POVs for potential partnerships and present feedback and findings.
- Authore and present POVs on social media monitoring tools, site placements, and audience targets.
- producing financial and media plans and forecasts
- undertaking relevant research
- analysing and interpreting data
- liaising with clients, consumers and advertising staff
- producing briefs for media buyers
- Identifying and understanding target audiences
- Determining the most effective media mix to display ads
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating media campaigns and strategies
Qualifications of a media planner
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a media planner or in a similar role.
Skills of a media planner
- Excellent knowledge of analytics tools and campaign evaluation metrics.
- An analytical mind with a creative eye.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work well within a team.
Leave a Reply