Apply for Northwestern Mutual Internship 2023 – See the available positions, qualifications/eligibility, responsibilities, benefits, salary, and how to apply.
About Northwestern Mutual
Founded in 1857, Northwestern Mutual has been around for more than a century. It was originally known as the Mutual Life Insurance Company of the State of Wisconsin until the year 2000 when the company changed its name to Northwestern Mutual. The company started out selling only life insurance policies up, and began offering disability insurance in 1969. It added retirement annuities in the late 1970s, and long-term care insurance in the late 1990s. It currently has its corporate headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Northwestern Mutual Internship
The current Northwestern Mutual offers several products and services, including life insurance, disability insurance, wealth management, and investment and retirement strategies. In addition to offering employment in its corporate offices, it also offers opportunities for individuals looking to start careers as independent business owners with its training, mentorship, and support programs. Northwestern Mutual also has internship programs for students and recent graduates.
Northwestern Mutual sponsors the Northwestern Mutual Foundation, which is focused on community outreach, education, and supporting those suffering from childhood cancer and their families.
Northwestern mutual internship hiring process
Just like any other organization, the hiring process at Northwestern Mutual consists of various stages, including the job application and interview processes. You will have to pass through all these to be employed by the company.
Top 10 Northwestern mutual internship hiring positions and their salary
The average salary at Northwestern Mutual for interns is $54,000 per year. However, there are some positions that earn more than this. Below are the top 10 Northwestern Mutual internship hiring positions and their salary:
- Financial representative: $40,000-$65,000/year
- Investment analyst: $55,000-$94,000/year
- Finance: $41,832-$65,078 Per Year
- Accounting: $31,790-$45,383 Per Year
- Sales: $30,000-$100,000 Per Year
- Financial advisor: $10,000-$50,000 Per Year
- Finance: $40,501-$64,830 Per Year
- College financial representative: $40,501-$64,830 Per Year
- Real estate analyst: $44,307-$73,764 Per Year
- Program/project management: $38,597-$61,561 Per Year
Benefits of Northwestern mutual internship program
There are several benefits to interning with Northwestern Mutual, and a good pay is just the crust of it. Interning with Northwestern Mutual is a great opportunity for personal and professional development that you won’t get in a classroom. Interns at Northwestern Mutual have the benefit that most other interns in other companies do not. They are able to pursue their studies while working, and they will also be recognized and rewarded for their hard work both financially and through development opportunities. They are also able to run their own financial-advising practice as an intern, with trainers, mentors and role models guiding them along the way.
Interning with Northwestern Mutual gives interns the leeway to working with them, as up to 33 percent of interns are offered full-time positions upon graduation annually.
You will be part of the network team located in offices around the country, working side-by-side with employees in Northwestern Mutual. The work you do will vary depending on your position, but expect to get involved with important tasks that will help further the goals of the company.
To intern at Northwestern Mutual, there are certain requirements that will have to be met. Once these requirements are met, you can go ahead and apply for a position if you are interested. They are:
- Currently a full-time student in an accredited college or university
- Have the intention to complete a bachelor’s or graduate level degree
- Will go back to school for at least one semester after the internship program
- Able to relocate to Franklin, New York City or Milwaukee. (travel and housing support provided)
- Available throughout the 10-week program for at least 40 hours a week
How to search for northwestern mutual internship opportunities online
There are several websites online that you can use to search for Northwestern Mutual internship opportunities. They include: Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and the official Northwestern Mutual internship website.
Step-by-step application guide
The application process for Northwestern Mutual internship is quite straightforward and should take about 30 minutes to complete. The steps include:
1. Visit their official website
The first and most important step is to visit their official website at www.northwesternmutual.com. Navigate to the official career page where you will you will see various areas to apply for.
2. Select the job position you want
Once you are at the official career page, you can then choose the position you want. There is a blue-colored bar labeled “learn more and apply” under each category. Click on it, and then you will be redirected to another page. On this page, you will be given details on what the organization expects from you for the job you are applying for. You can move on the next step after if you are satisfied with their conditions.
3. Fill in your details
On the next page, you will find a section labeled “Step 1 of 3”. You will be required to fill in specific details here, which includes:
- City: This can either be the city where you are or ready to work
- Work status: whether you have been employed in a similar field before, or you want to change careers.
- Recent college graduate
- In between jobs.
- How you got to know about the position (advisor referral, Approached by a recruiter, Family, friend or acquaintance, Professional career fair, Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Northwestern Mutual website, or Other job board).
Follow all the instructions provided on the application carefully.
Official northwestern mutual internship website: https://www.northwesternmutual.com/