In this post, you will see the Physical Conditioning Coach Job Description, Responsibilities, and Qualifications. This information is useful to both employers and job seekers.
Physical Conditioning Coach Job Description
Physical Conditioning Coach is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels.
Physical Conditioning Coach Responsibilities
- Assist in programming (to include a 10 month periodized plan) of strength and power training; speed, agility, movement sessions; and regeneration with the potential ability to lead programming
- Assist in the development and implementation physical conditioning training programs for athletes in all sports, all ages, and all levels with the potential to lead development and implementation
- Assist and lead the delivery of strength and power training; speed, agility, movement sessions; and regeneration in one to one, small group and large group sessions
- Communication with coaches, fellow APD colleagues and athletes
- Integration and observation of athletes in their sport environment as feasible
- Tracking, data entry and reporting of testing, attendance, and other required needs for the training program as well as in the AMS (Athlete Management System)
- Collaborate with other APD divisions (Sports Medicine, Sport Science, Nutrition, Mental Conditioning, Leadership, Cognitive Perceptual Training) and participate in interdisciplinary pods with the other APD staff members who work in the same sport(s)
- Day to day upkeep of facilities
- Deliver and support IMG Institute initiatives and sessions as necessary
- Support sponsorship companies and initiatives as necessary
- Support team and group training and events as necessary
- Provide coach or parent education as necessary
- Balance the needs of the business with the needs of the athletes and department
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Physical Conditioning Coach Jobs
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelors Degree Physical Education, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or a related field
- Participated in at least one previous internship or GA experience in Strength & Conditioning
- Proficiency in writing periodized training programs for athletes of all ages in a variety of sports
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues, sport coaches, parents and athletes
- Adaptable and flexible to a dynamic training and work environment
- Passionate and positive attitude
- Open and responsive to feedback
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to connect with various ages, skill levels, cultures and sports
Preferred skills and experience
- Possess or working toward CSCS, SCCC, USAW certification or equivalent
- Experience in speed and movement training
- Experience with junior and youth athletes
- Experience with sport science
- Sport or coaching experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- CPR/First Aid certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Ability to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.