In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Porter job description. Here you will also find the duties of a Porter, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Porter job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Porter. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented persons who will ensures that customers have a pleasant stay in their facility. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Porter Job Description
A Porter, also known as a Day Porter, is in charge of assisting guests and ensuring that they have a pleasant stay at various hospitality establishments. Their responsibilities include answering guests’ questions about their facility, assisting guests with moving their luggage to and from their vehicles, and coordinating with other staff to ensure guest safety. Porter Job Description
A Porter can sometimes be referred to as a Day Porter, is in charge of aiding guests and ensuring that they have a comfortable stay at various hospitality establishments. Their responsibilities include answering guests’ inquiries about their facilities, assisting them with moving their bags to and from their vehicle, and working with other personnel to guarantee guest safety.
A porter can work in hotels, motels, or cruise ships. Porters must be sociable because it is their responsibility to manage clients and answer questions so you may stay up to date on what’s going on in town during downtime.
Duties of a Porter (porter Job Duties)
- Welcome guests and transport their luggage
- Taking care of and labeling guests’ luggage with tags
- Vacuuming carpets and sweeping and cleaning floors
- Keeping the building’s entrance clean at all times
- Make reservations and respond to hotel inquiries.
- Book taxis and plane tickets.
- Run errands like picking up dry cleaning
- Accept messages
- Give guidance
- Set up rooms for events by moving furniture or equipment.
- Respond to issues of safety and security Porter Job Description
Porter Job Responsibilities
- When working in hotels, motels, or cruise ships, assist visitors and passengers by answering queries and conducting errands for them.
- Carry departing guests’ or travelers’ luggage to the hotel lobby or cruise ship’s departure area.
- Ensure that all passengers and guests on the cruise ship or hotel exit safely during an evacuation.
- Assist front-desk employees with answering calls and transferring calls to the right people.
- Assist the customer care team in organizing any upcoming events and updating any signage.
- In some cases, visitors’ automobiles are parked and retrieved as needed.
- Assist other employees by doing errands for them, such as moving stock and delivering items as needed.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Simple duties should be completed.
- Answer guests’ questions with useful information and refer them to the appropriate professionals for solutions.
- Always present a professional image.
- Handle luggage and belongings for visitors Ensure that equipment and facilities are secure, clean, and well-organized
- Inform supervisors of any safety concerns or breaches.
- Complete modest repairs and enhancements to the building.
- Before and after crucial meetings, prepare conference rooms.
- Clean the kitchen, cafeteria, foyer, and break room, as well as the rest of the communal rooms.
- Place safety hazard signs, such as wet paint and wet floor warning signs, throughout the building as needed.
- Washrooms must be monitored, cleaned, and serviced.
- Respond to any big spills or cleaning emergencies.
- Remove all litter and garbage from the main common areas.
- Assist in the ordering of supplies required for facility upkeep.
Qualifications for Porter (porter job qualifications)
- High school diploma
- Physical endurance and stamina are required.
- Minimum of 6 – 12 months porter experience.
- Previous experience as a porter, janitor, or bellboy.
- Cleaning equipment knowledge.
- Outstanding mechanical and communication abilities.
- Work times and shifts must be flexible.
- Capable of working a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Must be trustworthy and professional.
- Prepared to carry out all activities and responsibilities safely and on schedule.
- Must be physically able to stand for long periods of time and move, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds.
Porter Job Skills
- Outstanding communication and organizing abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely responsible and dependable.
- Working well under pressure in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Capability to work well as part of a team.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Positive demeanor and prompt characteristics
- Professionalism and politeness Porter Job Description
In the United States, the average Porter earns $33,647 per year. A Porter’s average bonus is $5,584, which is 17% of their income, with 100% of workers claiming that they receive a bonus each year. Porters earn the most in Portland, at $41,499 per year, with total compensation that is 23% higher than the national average.
In summary, Porters collaborate closely with other staff members to ensure that their clients have the greatest possible experience. They also work with custodians and maintenance managers to achieve the same goal.
Finally, A Porter’s key responsibilities include transporting visitors’ bags, repairing small faults around the facility (such as changing light bulbs), and cleaning building areas to ensure a positive guest experience.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.