This Production Planner Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Production Planner Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Production Planner Job Description
A production planner is in charge of the production process’s precision and punctuality. Some of their duties include giving a specific focus on the supplies and goods needed in the production phase, as well as ensuring that the working environment is appropriately maintained for optimal performance. Depending on the internal organization structure and industry, production planners may advance to management or executive positions.
When recruiting a production planner, most organizations prefer a bachelor’s degree, with most employers placing a premium on past experience in the same role. Other technical credentials, such as an American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification, add value to the role, with the most successful individuals possessing in-depth industry knowledge and technological know-how. Sharp analytical capabilities, as well as great organization and time management abilities, are also desirable.
Duties of a Production Planner(Production planner job Duties)
- Liaises with the sales section to determine consumer needs.
- Approves supplies, expenses, production equipment, and the number of workers required to produce things.
- Estimates how long it will take to finish a project.
- Creates a production schedule outlining all tasks and when they must be done in order to achieve the projected finish date.
- Maintains contact with customers, suppliers, the human resources department, and maintenance personnel to guarantee that all workers, supplies, and machinery are available as needed.
- Monitors project progress to guarantee that it is completed on time.
- Troubleshoots production-related issues such as workforce shortages and machinery breakdowns.
- Maintains records and organises project documents, including purchase orders.Production Planner Job Description
- Costs of production and raw materials are tracked.
- Collects and evaluates data on production and team performance.
- Prepares reports on manufacturing processes for senior management and recommends ways to increase efficiency.
Responsibilities of a Production Planner (production planner job Responsibilities
- Schedule the use of production materials to guarantee maximum output.
- Assess suppliers for quality, punctuality, and alignment with goals.
- Monitor the flow of materials and discover any shortages or bottlenecks in utilization.Production Planner Job Description
- Identify and resolve inventory-related issues
- Forecast market challenges using competitor research and industry trends.
- Address quality and manufacturing difficulties.
- Produce reports based on results and production performance.
- Manage timelines in accordance with project requirements.
Qualifications of a Production Planner
- APICS certification and other technical credentials are preferred.
- Prior industry experience as a production planner is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of industry market trends and conditions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities
- Product quality and safety requirements are held in high respect.Production Planner Job Description
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- meticulous and conscientious
- Capable of sitting, standing, and moving around for long periods of time.
Skills of a Production Planner(Product planner Job skills)
- Stress Management Capabilities
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Mathematics Abilities
- Particularly in the field of statistics
- Knowledge of Business Operations
- Detail Orientation
- Computer Knowledge
- Superior Problem-Solving Capabilities
- Understanding of Supply Chain and Distribution Management
- Deadline-Meeting Ability
- Experience as a Supervisor
- Experience with Quality Control
- Understanding of Manufacturing Processes
- Production Planning Apprenticeship.
Salary of a Production Planner
Based on 127 salaries, an entry-level Production Planner, Manufacturing with less than 1 year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $54,411. Based on 1,291 salaries, an early career Production Planner, Manufacturing with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total salary of $58,880. Based on 714 salaries, a mid-career Production Planner, Manufacturing with 5-9 years of experience gets an average total salary of $65,139. Based on 502 salaries, an experienced Production Planner, Manufacturing with 10-19 years of experience gets an average total salary of $69,485 per year. Employees in their late career (20 years and up) earn an average total remuneration of $73,033.
In summary, A Production Planner collaborates with management and production personnel to guarantee that the company’s production goals are met on schedule and within budget. To boost production efficiency, they oversee all scheduling and guarantee that all materials, machines, and workspaces are ready to go.
To minimise the impact on production, production planners monitor the total situation, including incoming orders, supply chain challenges, market changes, and inventory issues. To create production goals, they work with other departments and the management team. Production planners also guarantee that personnel scheduling meets the needs of the workforce.