In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Project Manager IT Job Description. Here you will also find the duties of a Project Manager IT, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Project Manager IT Job Description job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Project Manager IT Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will Manage assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to the budget, schedule, and scope of the project. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Librarian Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Project Manager IT Job Description
The IT project manager serves as a liaison between the business and the IT departments. They are in charge of ensuring the effective completion of IT-related initiatives, as well as planning and coordinating the work of the entire IT staff. The IT project manager is in charge of completing these projects within the parameters of time, budget, and requirements. A well-written job description for an IT project manager will help you recruit top candidates.
An IT project manager plans, implements, coordinates, and supervises large-scale IT initiatives. This may include leveraging selected personnel from various internal departments as well as external resources. An IT project manager builds a Project Management Office (PMO) in a corporation.
As an IT Project Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team to guarantee that all project requirements are met on time and within budget. All components of specific projects will be planned, budgeted, overseen, and documented by you. You will be responsible for submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and developing efficient project communication plans.
Read Also: Business Consultant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Project Manager IT (Project Manager IT job Duties)
- Contributing to the establishment of a Project Management Office to handle various projects.
- Project requirements are communicated to stakeholders such as project workers, vendors, and end users. Project Manager IT Job Description
- Outlining, defining, and kicking off the project.
Responsibilities of Project Manager IT
- By expressing job expectations, the information technology personnel achieves results.
- Employees are managed and hired through recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training new employees.
- Maintains the efficacy and efficiency of the company by designing, delivering, and supporting strategic plans.
- Studies organizational goals, tactics, methods, and user projects to direct technical research.
- Coordinates resources and time frames with user departments and data centers to complete projects.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of applied technologies.
- Implements disaster recovery and backup methods, as well as information security and control frameworks, to protect assets.
- By analyzing organizational outcomes, recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Financial objectives are met by projecting requirements, creating annual budgets, and scheduling spending.
- Establishes and enforces organizational standards to provide quality service.
- Attends educational workshops to keep professional and technical knowledge up to date.
- Contributes to team effort by achieving necessary results
- Setting project goals and devising ways to achieve those goals
- Maintaining project timelines, budgets, and status reports
- Managing project resources such as computer equipment and people
- Coordination of project team members, as well as the development of schedules and individual duties Project Manager IT Job Description
- Implementing IT techniques that allow projects to be completed on time and within budget
- Using project management software to monitor project performance and timeline adherence
- Conducting project risk assessments
- arranging meetings to discuss project objectives and progress
- Recognize and resolve project challenges
- Prepare status reports for projects.
- Coordination of requests for changes
- Use technology to keep all stakeholders up to date on the schedule and budget.
- Coordination of documentation development to support system implementation and turnover
- Lead the team in meeting customer objectives and completing project deliverables.
- Execute a post-project evaluation.
Read Also: Job Description Inventory Manager, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Project Manager IT (Project Manager IT job qualifications)
- CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, MCSE, or other comparable certifications.
- 3+ years of project management experience is required.
Project Manager IT Job Skills
- Preferably, experience as a CISO or CSO.
- Proven team management experience
- Workflow management experience with Slack, Asana, and Basecamp
- Microsoft Office Applications Expertise, including Project
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities
- Willingness to travel over long periods of time
- Pass and keep a background check (secret or top secret clearance) Project Manager IT Job Description
Read Also: Communication Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Project Manager IT Job Salary
Based on 131 salaries, an entry-level Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) with less than 1 year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,933. Based on 2,069 salaries, an early career Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total salary of $75,043 each year. Based on 2,030 salaries, a mid-career Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) with 5-9 years of experience makes an average total salary of $90,870. Based on 1,978 salaries, an experienced Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) with 10-19 years of experience gets an average total salary of $104,565. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total remuneration of $113,241.
Read Also: Data Architect Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, An IT Project Manager, also known as an Information Technology Project Manager, plans, organizes, and executes technological projects for a firm or client. Their primary responsibilities include managing product releases and roll-outs, distributing tasks to appropriate employees, and reporting on project progress and results. Project Manager IT Job Description