In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Quality manager Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Quality manager, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Quality Manager Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Quality Manager Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be responsible for implementing and executing inspection, testing, and evaluation methods to ensure that products adhere closely to company standards. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Caterer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Quality Manager Job Description
A Quality Manager is in charge of overseeing the manufacturing process to ensure that all products meet consistent quality standards. Their responsibilities include creating and implementing quality control tests, inspecting products at various stages, and writing reports that document production issues.
A quality manager is responsible for ensuring that all company products meet consumer expectations and demands. This position’s daily responsibilities include supervising employee performance and inspecting products to ensure conformity throughout the manufacturing process. When products fail to meet quality standards, the quality manager is responsible for discarding and rejecting the product as well as documenting the reasons why. Quality managers’ typical career advancements include promotion to a managerial or directorship position.
Most hiring managers expect a bachelor’s degree in a related field for the position of quality manager. Prior experience in quality management and production processing is preferred, with knowledge of company and industry quality standards required. Successful candidates are well-versed in computer technology and systems, as well as market trends and conditions. Strong leadership, management, analytical, and problem-solving abilities are also required. Quality Manager Job Description
Read Also: Civil Engineer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Quality Manager (Quality manager Job Duties)
- Understanding customer needs and requirements is essential for developing efficient quality control processes.
- Creating and reviewing product or process specifications
- Setting requirements for suppliers of raw materials or intermediate products and monitoring their compliance
Responsibilities of Quality Manager
- Collaborate with the upper management team to establish quality standards.
- Create standards that are in line with industry norms and customer expectations.
- Determine quality control procedures to ensure that all criteria are met at all times.
- Conduct tests to ensure that the final product meets the company’s standards.
- Keep track of your findings and communicate them to the production team.
- Think of ways to boost production line productivity and performance while maintaining quality control.
- Make critical decisions in favor of cost-efficiency while not sacrificing quality.
- Oversee production to ensure final product processing conformity.
- Establish quality standards with the help of the upper management team.
- Establish standards that are consistent with industry standards and customer expectations.
- Establish quality assurance procedures to ensure that all criteria are met at all times.
- Test the final product to ensure that it meets the company’s standards.
- Keep a record of your findings and share them with the production team.
- Consider how you can increase production line productivity and performance while maintaining quality control.
- Make critical decisions in favor of cost-efficiency while avoiding quality sacrifice.
- Supervise production to ensure that the final product is processed correctly.
- Implementing methods for inspecting, testing, and evaluating products and manufacturing equipment
- Making certain that products meet quality standards
- Report preparation includes data collection, analysis, and summarization.
Working in accordance with product delivery deadlines
- Training and management of production line personnel in production practices and quality assurance of goods
- Tracking products through the manufacturing process to ensure that each step is completed correctly.
- Performing detailed and documented inspections of final products to ensure that they meet industry and company standards
- Eliminating products that do not meet standards and determining the causes of product problems
Read Also: Job Description Executive Chef, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Quality Manager (Quality manager Job qualifications)
- BA/BSc in business administration or a related field
- Quality control certification is a significant advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Proven track record as a quality manager Quality Manager Job Description
Quality Manager Job Skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication abilities
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- MS Office Proficient
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and applicable legal standards
- Excellent math skills and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods are required.
- Responsible and conscientious
- Experience conducting customer research to assess their needs and desires
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance methodologies and standards
Read Also: Content Strategist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Quality Manager Job Salary
Based on 79 salaries, an entry-level Quality Manager with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $63,171. Based on 1,248 salaries, an early career Quality Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $71,777. Based on 1,724 salaries, a mid-career Quality Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $82,759 per year. Based on 2,041 salaries, an experienced Quality Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $91,744. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total compensation of $94,370.
Read Also: ICU Nurse Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, A Quality Manager is a professional who ensures that all of a company’s products meet consistent standards. They design and implement quality control tests to ensure that the company’s output is as expected, inspecting at various stages of production and writing reports on their findings to take appropriate action. Quality Manager Job Description
Leave a Reply