In this post, you will see real estate agent job description, roles, responsibilities, educations qualifications, and skills. This is formation is very useful for employers when selecting the best applicants for the job. It’s also useful to job seekers when writing a resume or preparing for an interview.
Real Estate Agent Job Description
Real Estate Agent performs all aspects of right of way and real estate related activities necessary to maintain and protect property rights while negotiating favorable terms to various land and right of way related agreements secured on behalf of customers, including the acquisition, relinquishment and modification of easements, fee land purchases, franchise and permit rights, encroachments resolutions and settlements of damage claims among other land and right of way related negotiations.
An Associate Real Estate Agent helps clients with the purchase and sale of their home. In this position, you will assist clients with listing and selling their home and guide them through the home search and purchase process. Real Estate is a challenging and exciting business and as an Associate Real Estate Agent, you will be the key resource for your clients to make the most important purchase and sale of their life. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this role.
Real estate agent career is very exciting. An Entry-Level Real Estate Agent is responsible for helping clients with every aspect of the real estate transaction process. Clients are in need of agents to help them market and sell their home and guide them through the process of finding a home to purchase. In this position, you will advise clients on how to prepare their home for a quick and profitable sale as well as help them search for a new home to call their own.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Consult with clients on how to sell their home quickly and for a good value
- Be available to take clients on home tours and attend open houses
- Offer advice on how to market a home for sale to make it unique within the local real estate market
- Mediate all negotiations between sellers and purchasers and communicate with fellow real estate agents to represent your clients’ best interests
- Understand your local real estate market and be informed on recent home sales
- Identify land/property ownership from public records.
- Research, review, and analyze titles; identify defects and outline curative.
- Negotiate the acquisition of right of way and other property interest/rights, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, maintenance of customer facilities in such a manner to minimize problems, issues, or litigation.
- Negotiate property damage settlements and loss claims associated with projects and day to day operations necessary to maintain customer’s facilities.
- Prepare right of way related cost estimates associated with land and right of way project acquisition.
- Secure civil permits necessary for the construction and maintenance of customer facilities.
- Review, prepare, analyze, and interpret all land and right of way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, licenses, etc.
- Serve as liaison between internal departments, customers, developers, cities, counties, etc., in support of right of way activates.
- Resolve encroachment, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost to the customer.
Real estate agent job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university, and/or equivalent industry related right of way work experience.
- Knowledge in all aspects of right of way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operations, due diligence, public relations, and community outreach.
- A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver’s license are mandatory.
- Regulatory Notice. To work as a real estate agent (and be qualified for this position) you must have (or obtain) a real estate license. Like getting a driver’s license, state authorized training/testing is required to get certified. Third-party educational institutions provide this fee-based training to the general public.
Real Estate Agent Skills, Competencies, and abilities
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starting individual who follows directions and procedures, adheres to a work schedule and can focus on details.
- Interpersonal (people) skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a Team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/ attitude with co-workers, customers, vendors, outside contractors, and governmental agencies.
- Possess analytical and reconciliation skills necessary for problem solving and decision making.
- Be able to successfully perform multiple tasks and abbreviated deadlines.
- Must be able to understand financial impacts of decisions and courses of action, results oriented.
- Advanced computer skills.
You can read more on how to become a real estate agent at USNews.