In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated retail sales associate job description. Here you will also find the duties of a retail sales associate, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. CEO Job Description
This retail sales associate job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a retail sales associate. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented retail sales associates who will serve customers by helping them select products. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview. Retail Sales Associate Job Description
Retail Sales Associate Job Description
A retail sales associate is accountable for selling merchandise and assisting customers in locating the appropriate item. Customer service responsibilities include greeting customers, providing assistance, making suggestions, responding to inquiries, and describing product attributes. Other typical responsibilities include operating cash registers, bagging merchandise, stocking shelves, marking price tags, and preparing displays. Retail Sales Associate Job Description
Since a high level of customer interaction is required, your retail sales associate job description should emphasize interpersonal skills heavily. A sociable and outgoing personality are significant assets.
In addition to being able to handle money and operate a cash register, it is advantageous to have a commitment to customer service and the ability to persuasively explain products. Consult the retail sales associate job description below to generate ideas for your own advertisement. Retail Sales Associate Job Description
Duties of a Retail Sales Associate
- Greeting customers
- Responding to questions and giving information to the customers
- Sharing product knowledge with customers
- Providing recommendations to customers
- Managing financial transactions and processing payments
- Preparing merchandise and designing displays
- Maintaining a clean and tidy space
- Assisting with inventory Retail Sales Associate Job Description
- Handling refunds and returns
- Handling customer complaints
- Processing newly received shipments
- Alerting management of potential security issues
- Creating a positive customer experience and work environment
Responsibilities of a Retail Sales Associate
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through the engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alerts management of potential security issues.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Excellent sales service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Welcoming customers to the store and answering their queries
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive salesRetail Sales Associate Job Description
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products Retail Sales Associate Job Description
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
Qualifications of a Retail Sales Associate
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
Skills of a Retail Sales Associate
- Excellent customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
- Basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- High school degree; BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
Salary of a Retail Sales Associate
The average hourly wage for a Retail Sales Associate in the United States is $14 as of October 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $13 and $17. Hourly rate can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
A good retail sales associate is more than just keeping clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest. A good retail sales associate assists in documenting sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
He / She remaisn knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options.
Finally, the duties of a retail sales associate is processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards..
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.