In this post, you will see the role and responsibilities of a good athletic trainer. This is information is very useful for job seekers who are preparing for a job interview.
On the other hand, the information is also very useful to employers. They need this information to identify what qualities need before hiring.
Role and Responsibilities of a Good Athletic Trainer
- Accurately assess injuries, and provide timely professional care and rehabilitation
- Communicate effectively with athletes and parents
- Educate the parents, athletes regarding the appropriate health-related area
- Provide recommendations and actions for safe practice and game conditions
- Implement and manage athletic training coverage schedule for appropriate contests and training room coverage
- Monthly log and reports on services provided
- Identify and work with the rehab manager for potential marketing opportunities
- Coordination of student program
- Coordinate schedule and coverage with Activities Director
- Provide treatment that will accomplish established goals for functional outcomes
- Assist with rehab as delegated by the appropriate personnel
- Daily records kept on all athletes/patients being seen
- Assist with maintaining timely communication and physician referrals
- Provide rehab manager with monthly injury log and treatment reports
- Utilizes established charge system accurately
- Maintains and orders necessary supplies as needed according to established needs
- Leads and participates in the education of high school students interested in athletic training jobs
Apply for Athletic Trainer jobs. Over 1,000 jobs available – updated daily.