In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Job description of a sales assistant. Here you will also find the duties of a Job description of a sales assistant, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Job Description for Accounting Specialist
This sales assistant job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Job Description for an sales assistant.
It’s ready to post on various job sites and the main responsibility of a Job Description for sales assistant is to greet customers who enter the store, managing the cash register or point of sale system and helping customers find products in their store. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
See Also: Job Description Business Consultant, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Job Description Sales Assistant
Sales assistants are responsible for serving and assisting customers whilst overseeing sales of products and services for their employer.
They will typically work within a retail environment and aim to keep customers satisfied whilst also keeping the interests of the company in mind, such as sales, stock control and company reputation.
This in-depth guide contains a full sales assistant job description and everything else you could possibly want to know about sales assistants, including salaries, skills, qualifications, typical employers and more.
Duties of a Sales Assistant
- Greeting customers and offering assistance.
- Recommending products or merchandise to help customers.
- Answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Informing customers about sales, promotions and policies.
- Demonstrating how products work.
- Taking payments for purchases and packaging purchases.
- Stocking merchandise and creating displays.
- Taking inventory and monitoring sales floor.
See Also: Social Media Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Responsibilities of a Sales Assistant
- Organize sales presentations and ensure that all sales presentation materials are prepared prior to deadlines.
- Update customer records in the company database as required.
- Input invoice and bill-back data.
- Analyze, consolidate, and forward daily action summaries to managers.
- Use data to investigate the logistical history to resolve order and inventory problems.
- Research promotion details, regular, and special prices to resolve pricing discrepancies.
- Offer product, promotion, and pricing information by exploring customer requests.
- Offer sales projections by creating and sending sales tracking reports.
- Maintain customer database by inputting customer profile and updates.
- Collect data to create informative sales presentations.
- Monitor sales expenses by analyzing, tracking, and summarizing expenses.
- Report any inventory or service issues to management and the appropriate Account Manager immediately.
- Maintain customer satisfaction through superior service.
- Maintain a clean store and ensure that merchandise is presented in an appealing manner.
- Receive and unload new shipments.
- Keep shelves fully stocked with merchandise.
- Stay up to date with merchandise, especially new products.
- Determine customers needs and wants and suggest and display these items.
- Adhere to company guidelines and procedures.
- Welcome and engage in conversation with customers, help them as needed.
Qualifications of a Sales Assistant
- Knowledge of the Salesforce system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must.
- Experience working in retail sales with a history of meeting or exceeding sales goals is preferred.
- Attention to detail and a focus on the customer are priorities.
- Superior competence and professionalism.
- Obtaining one’s GED.
See Also: Business Consultant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Skills of a Sales Assistant
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be attentive to customers needs and determined to provide customer satisfaction.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, be flexible and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of sales standards and customer service routines.
- Must have proficient math skills to handle cash and credit card payments.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets, data programs and PowerPoint.
- Work well with others and be a team player.
- Ability to manage schedules and inventory.
Salary of a Sales Assistant
The average Sales Assistant I salary in the United States is $43,820 as of December 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $39,064 and $49,725. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
In summary, Job Description for an sales assistant is someone who is responsible for monitoring the competitive landscape and attending industry events to stay abreast of new initiatives and ways to stay ahead.
They perform fundamental acts of bookkeeping and produce documents such as invoices, checks, and so on.
Finally, they contribute to the management and organization of the office’s processes.