In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Sales Representative job description. Here you will also find the duties of a Sales Representative, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Sales Representative job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Sales Representative. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented persons who will represent its brand effectively through selling products or services on behalf of a corporation. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Social worker Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Sales Representative Job Description
A Sales Representative is a professional who initiates and manages customer connections. They function as their point of contact and guide them from the initial outreach through the final transaction made by them or someone in their home.
Sales representatives make presentations and sell products or services to organizations, enterprises, and government agencies. They make contact with potential buyers, showcase their products and services, answer queries, and negotiate prices. Sales Representative Job Description
Some of their duties include teaching prospects about products through calls, training, and presentations, and providing great service to existing clients. Sales agents can be classified into two namely; inside or outside sales representatives. Inside sales representatives sell things over the phone and online, whereas outside sales representatives sell products in person. Sales representatives work in practically every business.
Read Also: Property Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, skills and Salary
Duties of a Sales Representative (sales representative Job Duties)
- Prospective clients are sold items and services using sound reasoning.
- Performing cost-benefit evaluations on current and prospective customers
- Keeping solid business relationships in order to assure future sales
Sales Representative Job Responsibilities
- Creating leads
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets
- All contracts with prospective clients are negotiated by the sales representative.
- Assisting in the development of pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Weekly and monthly reports must be prepared.
- Making sales presentations to a variety of potential clients.
- Coordination of sales and marketing programs.
- Recognizing and promoting company programs
- Obtaining deposits and payments from clients.
- Order sales contracts are prepared and submitted.
- Client and potential client visits to assess needs or promote products and services.
Keeping client records.
- Responding to client inquiries about credit terms, products, pricing, and availability.
- Customers are served by selling things and addressing their wants.
- Services existing accounts, receives orders, and opens new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work routine that includes calls to existing or potential sales outlets and other trade elements.
- Examines the type of sales outlet or trade aspect to adjust the content of sales presentations.
- Focuses sales efforts by researching present and projected dealer volumes.
- Orders are submitted using pricing lists and product information.
- Maintains management’s attention by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Gathers current market information on price, items, new products, delivery dates, and merchandising tactics to monitor competition.
- By analyzing results and competitive trends, recommends adjustments in products, services, and policy.
- Investigates problems, develops solutions, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to management to resolve client complaints.
- Attends educational programs, reviews professional publications, establishes personal networks, and participates in professional societies to keep professional and technical knowledge current.
- Maintains records on area and client sales to provide historical records.
- Contributes to team effort by achieving necessary results.
Read Also: Staff Accountant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, skills and Salary
Qualifications for Sales Representative (sales representative job qualifications)
- Proven work experience as a Sales Representative
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with BRM and CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field is required.
- 2-4 years of sales experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- BA/BS University degree preferred, preferably with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration.
Sales Representative Job Skills
- Customer care
- Achieving sales targets
- Closing abilities
- Territory Administration
- Prospecting abilities
- Product understanding
- Presentation abilities
- Relationships with clients
- Sales inspiration
Sales Representative Salary
Based on 79 salaries, an entry-level Sales Representative with less than one year of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,602. Based on 470 salaries, an early career Sales Representative with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $46,925. Based on 238 salaries, a mid-career Sales Representative with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $49,677. Based on 140 salaries, an experienced Sales Representative with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $58,072. Employees in their late career (20 years and up) earn an average total compensation of $60,415.
Read Also: Dietary Aide Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
In summary, The Sales Representative is in charge of selling products, meeting customer needs, and obtaining orders from existing or potential sales outlets. They make it certain that the customer is satisfied and adequately cared for when making a purchase.
Finally, Sales representatives serve as the point of contact between a company and its prospects or clients, and their tasks include discovering and educating prospective customers, as well as providing information and assistance to existing clients about products and services.