In this post, you will see detail Server Job Description. Here, we will discuss the roles and responsibilities of a server job, skills, and needed experience. This information is very useful to employers and recruiter when selecting the best candidate for the job. It is also useful to job seekers when preparing their resume or for job interviews.
Hospitality Server Job Description
Servers are responsible for ensuring total guest satisfaction regarding food quality and service while maintaining health code standards. Successful candidates will be talented, service-minded individuals who are committed to absolute guest satisfaction in a fast-paced, high energy, fun environment. This is a great opportunity for those interested in advancing their career in the hospitality industry.
Club / Pool Server Job Description
The Server is responsible for providing exceptional food and beverage service to Members and guests, thus ensuring satisfaction and Member retention. They are responsible for greeting Members and guests promptly while always exhibiting a high level of hospitality. Servers must have a passion for hospitality and Member satisfaction.
Restaurant / Bar Server Job Description
Servers provide our guests with efficient and friendly food and beverage service while following the policies and procedures of the company. As a Server, your role is to ensure our guests enjoy a quality dining experience that will allow them to be productive and stay strong when they are away from home. Your ability to deliver an extraordinary food experience combined with hospitable, attentive service is essential to building guest loyalty.
General Server Job Description
Servers are motivated, team oriented, friendly, dependable, and driven to providing excellent customer service. A qualified candidate will greet, take orders and serve our customers, providing a high quality dining experience. This position requires you to stand for up to 8 hours during a shift, be able to lift at least and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have full mobility of hands and arms while performing repetitive tasks. Servers are also required to perform duties necessary for restaurant operations as assigned by acting supervisor following governmental and company policies. The above is not an all-inclusive job description.
To be successful in this role, you need;
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be able to read, write, type and use basic technology.
- This job requires you to stand and move around for an entire shift and you also must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- The ideal Restaurant Server candidate will have at least one year of restaurant server experience, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for delivering excellent service. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 pounds through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift
- Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
- Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
- Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explaining all specials, promotions and food items on the menu
- Taking orders, using a guest check/ticket
- Answering questions about menu pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation
- Memorizing and promoting daily specials
- Making food and beverage recommendations to guests as appropriate
- Up-selling appetizer specials, desserts and beverages to improve average check and guest experience
- Ensuring the guest needs are met, including keeping beverages full, providing additional condiments and/or food items, and checking back with guests during their meal
- Presenting check in a timely manner
- Collecting payment and providing change in a timely manner
- Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash, credit card and due backs with minimal errors, overages or shortages
- Completing side work
- Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
- Maintaining a complete knowledge and understanding of menu items
- Serve restaurant and room service guests attentively and efficiently.
- Maintain complete knowledge of the menu and be flexible and creative to meet guest requests.
- Apply problem solving skills to resolve guest issues to their satisfaction.
- Complete guest orders and accurately collect payments.
- Assist with quality, cleanliness and organization of the restaurant and kitchen.
- Assist with inventory, ordering and receiving of all food and beverage items.
- Support the goals of the hotel through teamwork and collaboration with all departments.
- Be enthusiastic, outgoing, positive and upbeat.
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile.
- Ability to build professional relationships with guests and create an air of familiarity.
- Prompt table greeting.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of food and beverage menus.
- Table service for guests (taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily features, placing orders with kitchen.)
- Running food to tables.
- Quality checks.
- Processing bills and taking payment.
- Handling guest concerns with the support of the management team.
Experience & Key Attributes
- Attention to detail.
- Pride in style and personal appearance, well groomed.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Ability to organize and plan.
- Sales ability.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum.
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
- High level of self confidence.
- Sincere desire to please others and do a great job.
See the credentials and Certifications to become a successful server at ServerCertificationCorp.com
See where to get your Alcohol Certifications: https://tamusa.org/