In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Shuttle Driver Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Shuttle Driver, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary. Shuttle Driver Job Description
This Shuttle Driver Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Shuttle Driver job description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who improves the effectiveness of the database tools and services. Shuttle Driver Job Description
As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Shuttle Driver Job Description
Duties of a Shuttle Driver
- Compiling and revising transportation schedules according to passenger requirements.
- Arriving at pickup locations before departure times.
- Confirming the presence of all passengers and noting those who are absent.
- Ensuring adherence to seated and standing passenger limits.
Responsibilities of a Shuttle Driver
- Collating and editing transport schedules based on passengers’ needs.
- Arriving at collection points prior to departure times.
- Confirming that all passengers are present, and recording no-shows.
- Ensuring adherence to passenger limits, both seated and standing.
- Avoiding high-traffic and accident-prone routes, where possible.
- Separating physical fights and calming verbal altercations, as needed.
- Recording and reporting all major accidents and incidents to your supervisor.
- Checking that passengers disembark at the correct destinations, and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the shuttle bus is fueled, well-maintained, and presentable at all times.
- Observing all relevant traffic and safety laws
- Checking and following the daily transport schedule
- Entering the arrival and departure points on time
- Checking if all the passengers are present
- Ensuring adherence to the bus sitting and standing capacity
- Reviewing the traffic updates before the journey
- Bringing any major accidents to the notice of the senior management
- Maintaining the shuttle bus in proper working order
- Scheduling any shuttle bus servicing and maintenance appointments
- Adhering to the road and safety rules at all times
- Helping passengers with loading and unloading their luggage
- Ensuring that there are no physical and verbal disputes during the journey
Qualifications of a Shuttle Driver
- Certified to transport individuals via shuttle bus.
- Previous experience driving groups of people.
- Outstanding knowledge of applicable transport and safety codes.
- First Aid training is preferred.
Skills of a Shuttle Driver
- Excellent route planning abilities.
- Great improvisational skills.
- Amicable and optimistic disposition.
- Working knowledge of pertinent car maintenance and restoration techniques.
- Ability to work flexible hours.