In this post, you will see the Social Media Intern job description, roles, and responsibilities. This information is useful for both recruiters and job seekers.
Social Media Intern Job Description
The Social Media Intern will be a key member of the digital marketing team and responsible for developing, posting, monitoring and responding to Homesnap’s social media content across networks. The successful individual will not only improve brand awareness and engagement but also work to build a strong following for our brand on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn by testing and executing innovative approaches.
This position will assist with ideation, social content planning, scheduling and posting, assisting with post creation, community management, sourcing content, and more. Above all, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to learn how a fast-growing startup works, while adding value to a lean organization and seeing the immediate impact of good work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects, including content creation, project organization, page moderation, strategy, and more, including:
- Brainstorm and attend meetings to assist with strategy and provide creative ideas
- Help with content creation, scheduling, and organization
- Monitor and occasionally moderate discussions on Marvel social media pages
- Research Marvel history and dialogue for weekly content
- Assist in photo and video shoots
- Gather and chart analytics and social media metrics for reporting
- Transcribe interviews and edit text
- Give direction to graphic designers to create compelling graphics
- Develop, publish and monitor posts across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and LinkedIn. Respond to comments as necessary.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis by network
- Use SproutSocial to monitor analytics and engagement to identify viable ideas
- You’ll be involved in creating social media content for distribution across social media channels
- Research content in the news to find timely and relevant curated content that aligns with our social media content strategy
- You’ll learn how to monitor and schedule content and review results using analytic tools
- You will also learn to create custom graphics to support social media posts using Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design tools
- You will be asked to take pictures in the office and on project sites
- Create and execute social media strategies that both speak to and inspire client social media audiences through competitive research, social listening, messaging and audience identification.
- Collaborate with our team in producing, editing and publishing content that promotes conversation and drives engagement across client channels.
- Manage clients’ brand reputations by moderating client social platforms and fielding questions and comments from followers.
- Develop leadership skills and professional acumen through client interaction, inter-team collaboration and staying up-to-date on developments from major social platforms.
- Help analyze metrics to determine what’s working, what’s not and how to improve tactics.