In this post, you will see the Social Media Intern Skills, Qualifications, and Experience. This information is useful to both employers and job seekers.
See Also: Social Media Intern Job Description
Social Media Intern Skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A strong interest in all things digital
- Excellent, professional communication skills (email, phone and in-person)
- High attention to detail and very strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Google Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- A strong communicator and writer
- Passionate about video, photography, and their production
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Not afraid to ask questions or share ideas
- A desire to work in marketing/advertising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google docs and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive projects
- High-energy attitude with willingness to learn
- Independent worker with ability to problem solve
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for grammar and spelling.
- A knack for using Instagram, and close familiarity with Instagram Stories.
- Ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn many different skills.
- Creativity and a very keen sense of brand aesthetics.
- Interest in and understanding of the Instagram, and broader SM landscape, with passionate ideas about how to innovate and stay ahead of the curve. A strong, demonstrable grasp of the Girlboss tone of voice.
- Being a student/recent graduate of a degree in journalism or communications a plus.
- Basic understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines
- Writing and grammar skills
- Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
- Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Photography and skills a plus
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Community engagement experience and background supporting social media platforms
- You are organized and detail-oriented and possess a can-do attitude
- You enjoy working both collaboratively and independently
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.