In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated social worker job description. Here you will also find the duties of a social worker, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This social worker job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a social worker. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire talented social worker who will help in Identifying people and communities in need of help. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview. Social worker Job Description
Social worker Job Description
A social worker is someone dedicated to helping individuals, families, and communities improve their quality of lives through counseling, advocacy, and reporting. Social workers may provide direct counseling to families and communities, advocate on their behalf to community organizations or other health professionals, or help guide clients through the legal system by providing testimony or assistance during court hearings.
In other words, social workers are committed to helping people change their lives for the better. There are many career paths within the field of social work, so finding your niche is as simple as finding where your interests lie. For example, you could work with children and families, with communities, in health care settings, or in rehabilitation centers, just to name a few. Social worker Job Description
Social workers with extra credentials, called Licensed Clinical Social Workers, can also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral and emotional health issues. Social worker Job Description
Duties of a Social Worker
Social Workers typically work for various institutions, including schools, hospitals, mental health clinics, non-profit organizations and government agencies, to support clients in a specialized area. They work closely with healthcare professionals, Law Enforcement Officers, School Counselors and Probation Officers to relay information about their clients and their progress. Their job is to encourage their clients to maintain a healthy lifestyle, talk about their feelings and pursue their hobbies while also learning to live with their illnesses and past traumas. Social worker Job Description
They may also be responsible for traveling by car to a client’s home to conduct inspections and ensure they have a positive environment in which to live.
Responsibilities of a Social Worker
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Determines nature of client’s situation by interviewing client, assessing medical, psychological, emotional and social information and making on-site visits.
- Establishes course of action by exploring options and setting goals with client.
- Obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources, arranging for appointments and establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Fosters client’s action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior, explaining and suggesting new options.
- Maintains records of case by documenting client’s situation and client’s actions.
- Monitors planned actions by periodic follow-up.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, participating in quality reviews and reporting needed changes.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications of a Social Worker
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work
- 5+ years of clinical social work experience
- Knowledge of specific software programs used within your organization
- Valid and current LCSW or LMSW license
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop and implement care plans
- Ability to provide after-hours service as needed
- Bilingual preferred
Skills of a Social Worker
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and power Point.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary of a Social worker
The average Social Worker (MSW) salary in Wilmington, DE is $73,110 as of October 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $66,045 and $80,645. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.Social worker Job Description
A good social worker is more than just determining nature of client’s situation by interviewing client, assessing medical, psychological, emotional and social information and making on-site visits. A good social worker maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
He / She assists with participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
Finally, the duties of a social worker is to fosters client’s action or adjustment by interpreting attitudes and patterns of behavior, explaining and suggesting new options.