In this post, you will see Software Development Engineer Skills, Educations, and Experience. This information is useful to both job seekers and employers.
Software Development Engineer Skills
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience architecting and building production PHP applications utilizing MVC frameworks
- 3-5 years of experience with MySQL, relational database and query design
- Extensive framework experience with React and Laravel
- Extensive experience with web-based UI Design/Development, CSS driven layouts, AJAX, and interfacing against REST Services
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of high throughput and large-scale RESTful web services
- Experience developing test scripts for unit testing.
- Knowledge of ALM suites such as JIRA and GitLab
- Highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extensive knowledge of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
Education and Experience
- Experience with containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Rich experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and build automation processes (Experience with GitLab CI/CD a plus)
- Experience increasing the adoption of unit tests and code validation techniques to assure deliverables are of high quality and ready for test
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- Language expertise in Java or Scala
- Ability to debug and tune JVM workloads
- Proficient working with Linux systems
- Experience working with database systems like MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ensure Quality Assurance teams are successful by helping them prepare proper test cases and metrics
- Proven track record delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
- Be willing to work in an open development environment where your code is reviewed before going into the product
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience with X-Pack and Elasticsearch.
- Have strong experience working with, designing, and implementing distributed systems and understanding of common issues (consistency, reliability, availability, bottlenecks, failure modes, resource exhaustion, etc.) and how to address them.
- Be driven to investigate and assess new technologies with minimal learning curves.
- Function as an individual contributor in an Agile environment with minimal guidance.
- Have experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Extreme Programming (XP)
- Have experience with developing on AWS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes strongly preferred.
- Have Experience with performance testing, monitoring, and profiling complex applications .
- Periodically assist and troubleshoot product-related issues.
- Full stack experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Passion for building complex systems and a proven ability to deliver quality code
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work within ambiguous design constraints
- Work well in teams and respect and welcome ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Maniacal Customer Obsession
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.