In this post, you will see detail Starbucks Barista job description, roles, and responsibilities, skills and qualifications needed for this job position.
Starbucks Barista Job Description
Starbucks Barista supports the Starbucks Manager in running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation following all company standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Barista sells and creates Starbucks coffee beverages following Starbucks standards providing exceptional customer service through product knowledge and Magic selling. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
Essential Functions of Starbucks Barista Job
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST) Certification.
Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practices while following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches others to deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food products.
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area.
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising, signing and product presentation standards.
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance. Identify and use additional resources to measure how your store is delivering the customer experience, following Food Division standards and Best Practices.
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors of Anticipate, Connect, Personalize and Own with customers.
- Assist in accountability for sales, expenses and bottom-line profits.
- Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists.
- Builds strong working relationships with their team and supervisor, willing to help other associates and contributes to a fun and productive work environment.
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and satisfaction.
- Clean, calibrate and perform routine maintenance store’s equipment using the Store Cleanliness and Equipment Maintenance Manual.
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met.
- Assist in ordering food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business.
- Ensure that baristas are accurately receiving products and following Best Practices.
- Assist with food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and beverage costs are maintained.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance and communications.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications and Skills needed for Starbucks Barista Jobs
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- One year of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift supervisory experience is required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler’s certificate may be required for food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employment in a food operation at Macy’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Has planning and organizational skills.