Are you looking for strength and conditioning jobs in the US? If yes, you are in the right place. USAJobs24.com publishes over 1,000 personal trainer jobs, sports performance jobs and strength coach internships. These jobs are for experts who have completed their personal training certification courses.
There are so many opening strength and conditioning jobs worldwide. Those who get this job are called strength and conditioning coach. Their duty is to establish and maintain a strength and conditioning program for all sports.
The major goals are;
- improving athletic performance,
- reducing athletic injuries, and
- teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills
On this page, you will find links to recently updated strength and conditioning jobs in the US. All you need to do is to click the link to each job to read more about the job description, requirements and how to apply.
1,000+ Strength And Conditioning jobs in USA – Updated Daily
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at Zeiders Enterprises – Fort Bragg, NC
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. – Wainwright, AK
- Asst Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at Keiser Fitness – Palm Beach, FL
- Asst Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs
- Group Fitness Instructor Jobs at Orangetheory Fitness – Louisville, KY
- Fitness & Wellness Instructor Jobs at SB Wellness Group – Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Fitness Coach Jobs at Orangetheory Fitness – Chino Hills
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach Jobs at Stevens Institute of Technology – Hoboken, NJ
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach at Missouri Southern State University – Joplin, MO
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning/ Assistant Track & Field Coach at Washington and Lee University – Lexington, VA
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Physical Conditioning Coach jobs at IMG Academy – Brandon, FL
- Assistant Physical Conditioning Coach jobs at IMG Academy – Brandon, FL
- ecowas recruitment
- Strength And Conditioning Jobs in USA 2021 – Updated Daily
- Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach Jobs at University of San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Coach – Strength & Conditioning Jobs at Montana State University – Bozeman, MT
- Assistant Football Coach Jobs (Defensive Asst. /Strength and Conditioning) at Eastern Oregon University – La Grande, OR
- Personal Training Manager Jobs at Crunch Fitness – Newport, KY
- Strength And Conditioning Coach Jobs at Active Strength and Conditioning – Huntington Beach, CA
- Fitness Specialist / Instructor Jobs at US Navy – Bangor, WA
- Supervisory Recreation Specialist (Fitness Program Director) Jobs at US Navy – Jacksonville, FL
Click here to see 980 more strength and conditioning jobs in USA – updated daily.
Reasons Why Strenght and Conditioning Jobs are in High Demand
In recent time, sports organizations and coaches have recognized the role of conditioning in high-level competition. The demands for experts for various strength coach jobs become increasing.
Strength and conditioning coaches develop training plans based on tested scientific principles. They supervise training sessions, maintain athletes records, evaluate athletes performance, and teach others when needed.
Apart from these, strength and conditioning expert liaise with the sports coach to determine which of the athlete need additional conditioning or rehabilitation. They consult with sports medicine and other athletic training staffs.
strength and conditioning staffs are also responsible for maintaining the strength and conditioning facility, establish plans, policies, and procedures for the safe professional operation is the facility.
The role of a Strength and Conditioning expert is to improve the performance of athletes. They assist in the development of exercise routines, advise on nutritional intake, supervise exercise, adjust exercise plans accordingly and track athlete progress. It’s the duty of a Strength and Conditioning Coach to designs and implements full-scale fitness programs.
Strength and conditioning coach jobs are very exciting. Generally, strength and conditioning experts help others to improve their fitness. Their work on clients is to improve their performance or skills in a sport.
Strength and Conditional Coach Salary
Salaries for strength and conditioning coaches depends on the type of work they do; generally, salaries are almost the same for personal trainers—typically in the $40,000 to $60,000 (U.S.). Please note that this also depends on experience and qualifications and where you are working.
For those who aspire to work at the college or professional level. Head conditioning coaches at the college level are typically paid between from $45,000 to $75,000 annually. Some can earn as much as $200,000, though finding a higher salary is rare. Generally, sports performance coach jobs is an exciting profession.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement strength training and conditioning programs in-season, off-season, and pre-season for all school-sanctioned male and female athletic programs in a manner that reflects research-driven practices and our country’s Long-Term Athletic/Fitness Development Model.
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for the strength and conditioning program in accordance with the NSCA Strength and Conditioning Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Develop systems for tracking athlete attendance and athlete progress in conjunction with the sport coaches.
- Conduct an annual needs-analysis for each sport team in conjunction with the sport coach and the team’s athletic trainer at the conclusion of each sport season.
- Annually conduct and review a departmental risk management plan.
- Complete an annual budgetary proposal for the program that includes routine maintenance, purchase of new equipment, and staffing needs.
- Determine and reinforce expectations for athlete conduct that mirror the school’s expectations for curricula and extra-curricular activities, as stated in the school’s Student Code of Conduct.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of departmental staff, including the design of professional development activities.
Peripheral Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and instruct curricular strength and conditioning classes, as needed.
- Coordinate a co-curricular novice level program exposure for grades 5 – 8 that serves as a strength and conditioning introduction reflecting research-driven practices and our country’s Long-Term Athletic/Fitness Development Model.
- Supervise and coordinate the strength and conditioning club, which serves as a school to careers exposure and offers a student liaison opportunity to the athlete population.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Kinesiology or related field.
- A current relevant professional certification credentialed by an independent accreditation agency—for example, the NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS®) certification.
- Current standard first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automated external defibrillation (AED) certifications.
- A strong working knowledge and teaching skills in analysis and techniques of strength training.
- Experience and/or expertise in strength and conditioning programming for high school populations.
- Strong motivational abilities.
- Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.