Apply for the current vacant Supervisor, Commuter & Visitor Information Centers Job at UC San Diego 2019. See job description, qualifications and how to apply.
#100347 Supervisor, Commuter & Visitor Information Centers
Hiring Salary Range: $48,900 – $75,600 / Year
Filing Deadline: Wed 7/17/2019
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 7/8/19 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 9/17/19. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
A Cover Letter is required along with a complete Online Application and Resume.
Under general supervision of the Parking Sales and Field Operations Manager, oversees, supervises and coordinates the work of the Commuter & Visitor Information Centers and staff.
Supervises the daily organization; staffing; parking permit sales and cancellations; payroll deductions and daily deposits; and preparation of complex and detailed summary reports. Oversees through supervision; cashiering functions, billing preparations, daily deposits, check requests and verifications for the Commuter & Visitor Information Centers.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining high quality customer service standards, and ensuring that staff follow these standards. Leads in maintaining and updating office operating procedures and training manuals, ensuring that staff are properly trained in office processes and follow established procedures.
Provides leadership in coordinating with Information Technology Services representatives on all issues regarding IFIS, ISIS, IRIS, and T2 Flex (POS) systems that are used in transacting parking sales, services, cancellations, and recharges.
Supervises and coordinates the work of parking operations and enforcement staff. Directs subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Requires full knowledge of functional responsibility for assigned area.
~ May be required to work various hours as necessary.
~ Ability to stand for long periods of time and work in diverse weather conditions.
- Working knowledge with parking policies and procedures within a University/College,or equivalent experience in transportation, parking/events, public administration, mobility transportation or a combination of these.
- Knowledge of resource management concepts and UC policies related to parking services, preferred.
- Demonstrated solid supervisory skills with ability to motivate staff and create positive team oriented work environment. Ability to train, supervise, delegate, monitor and evaluate staff performance.
- Ability to manage and supervise staff in a busy, multi-shift, customer service and cash handling operation.
- Working knowledge of parking procedures and enforcement and ability to guide employees.
- Organizational skills to coordinate staff schedules and unit operations. Customer service orientation to quickly address questions or issues and resolve customer complaints. Strong organizational and time management skills. Strong problem solving skills including ability to analyze information, practices, procedures, problems and situations to recognize alternatives and consequences, including complex administrative, parking, and/or customer service issues.
- Proficient in operation of web-based parking related systems and office software.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills using various software tools such as: spreadsheets, data bases and web browsers including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook, T2 Systems and other MS Suite applications; ability to learn new applications as required.
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and flexibility with the ability to work in a team framework in conjunction with Principles of Community with all levels of staff and outside vendors.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others to achieve goals. Develops and maintains rapport and professional relationships with assigned staff, peers, multidisciplinary team members, management.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in teams and ability to communicate effectively with people of many diverse backgrounds including students, staff, faculty, and customers.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to prepare concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical reports, correspondence, operating procedures and job descriptions.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and execute plans to meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate university vehicles.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; work in diverse weather conditions.
- FBI/DOJ and DMV background checks and clearances required prior to hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license with ability to operate university vehicles.
- May be required to participate in the DMV Pull Notice program.
- May be required to work various hours as necessary.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work in diverse weather conditions.
- A Cover Letter is required along with your completed Online Application and Resume.
How to Apply:
Visit the official job website to apply here
See Also: Other Jobs from the same institution