In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Supply Chain Analyst job description. Here you will also find the duties of the Supply Chain Analyst, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Supply Chain Analyst job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a Supply Chain Analyst. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will collect data and then analyzes it in order to make improvements to the supply chain system. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Chief Information Officer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Supply Chain Analyst Job Description
Supply chain analysts do research and analysis to answer an organization’s supply chain needs. They work with management to implement and advance general operating plans. They assess the effectiveness of end-to-end processes and make recommendations to increase performance.Supply Chain Analyst Job Descriptio
Supply Chain Analysts are generally employed by businesses with large supply chains that require constant evaluation. They work in a variety of industries such as e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, food, government, and non-governmental organizations. These experts oversee the various components of a company’s logistics system, from order placement to transportation through delivery.
Read Also: UI Designer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Duties of Supply Chain Analyst (Supply Chain Analyst job Duties)
- Data collection and analysis for the supply chain
- Recommending enhancements to improve performance and lower costs
- collaborating with other experts to put improvements and new mechanisms in place
- Create and develop mechanisms for gathering and managing supply chain data.
- Investigate and seek out the most cost-effective shipping procedures and solutions.
Responsibilities of Supply Chain Analyst
- Review and evaluate collected data to identify problem areas in the supply chain process and develop solutions.
- Projects for supply chain optimization should be planned and implemented.
- Maintain a professional and cordial connection with vendors while supporting corporate aims and values.
- Contribute to the promotion of a positive image and inter-business relationships with business partners and vendors.
- Examine current techniques and practices to improve all parts of the supply chain department.
- Determine which aspects of supply chain operations need to be improved.
- Communicate with coworkers to provide comments on their performance and suggest ways to improve.
- Plan projects that will improve output.
- Monitoring data on current business operations, controlling various components such as sourcing, warehousing, deliveries, and production scheduling
- Data collection and analysis to cut expenses and improve efficiency
- Using systems like SAP to manage supply chain procedures and inventory
- Maintaining professional ties with vendors, and working as corporate or organization representatives to generate a positive image
- Always looking for methods to improve supply chain management, including assessing methodologies, procedures, tools, and technology.
- Conducts a thorough examination of existing methodology and processes
- Projects for production optimization are planned.
- Creates data sets for client projects.
- Verifies data gathered from various sources
- As needed, prepares reports and analytics.
- investigates optimal supply chain management methods
- Identifies and streamlines inefficient processes
- Serve as the point of contact for many significant purchases made outside of the firm for projects.
- Large-scale initiatives must be planned and carried out.
- Examine a company’s procedures and inventory, then use that information to increase efficiency and cut expenses.
- Monitoring and data collection on current activities, such as scheduling, sourcing, warehousing, manufacturing, and delivery
- Collect data on each step of the supply chain and use it to make cost-cutting recommendations.
Qualifications for Supply Chain Analyst (Supply Chain Analyst job qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations, logistics, or a related profession.
- Prior project management experience is required.
- Certification in supply chain management is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Coordinator, or other comparable position
Read Also: Project Manager IT Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Supply Chain Analyst Job Skills
- Knowledge of data mining, analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge of supply chain processes (for example, inventory planning and warehouse management)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases, and ERP systems (e.g., SAP) is required.
- Analytical thinking combined with business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizing skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Managing many priorities and meeting deadlines
- Analytical abilities that are exceptional
- Exceptional attention to detail
Read Also: Content Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Supply Chain Analyst Job Salary
Based on 261 salaries, an entry-level Supply Chain Analyst with less than one year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $60,902. Based on 1,559 salaries, an early career Supply Chain Analyst with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total salary of $63,842. Based on 453 salaries, a mid-career Supply Chain Analyst with 5-9 years of experience gets an average total salary of $69,543. Based on 169 salaries, an experienced Supply Chain Analyst with 10-19 years of experience gets an average total salary of $68,744. Employees in their late careers (20 years and up) earn an average total salary of $68,382.Supply Chain Analyst Job Descriptio
Read Also: Production Planner Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, a Supply Chain Analyst, also known as a Supply Chain Specialist, guarantees that the company’s supply meets the demand of its consumers. Their responsibilities include managing the company’s supply chains, ensuring timely delivery, and staying within budget.
Leave a Reply