In this article, we will show you the detailed and updated Job description of a supply chain Manager. Here you will also find the duties of a Job description of a supply chain manager, responsibilities’, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual Salary. Supply Chain Manager Job Description
This supply chain manager job description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for a job description of a supply chain manager. It’s ready to post on various job site and the main responsibility of a job description for supply chain Manager is to lend a hand with the logistics of product innovation, stock control, production, shipping, receiving, and exchanges. Supply Chain Manager Job Description efficiency
See Also: Production Supervisor Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Supply Chain Manager Job Description
A Supply Chain Manager is someone who oversees the sourcing of raw materials and their subsequent transformation into finished goods for a firm. The goods must arrive at the proper time, and storage must be coordinated to prevent loss or damage at any point in the process. Supply Chain Manager Job Description
The role of the Supply Chain Manager is to plan, organize, and direct the sourcing, manufacturing, and distribution of a company’s products. Supply Chain Manager Job Description
Duties of a Supply Chain Manager
- Analyzing supply chain data and performance.
- Maintaining inventory.
- Supervising and training employees.
- Lend a hand with the logistics of product innovation, stock control, production, shipping, receiving, and exchanges.
- Maintain thorough documentation, compile reports, and craft presentations to educate upper management on the logistical viewpoint. Supply Chain Manager Job Description
- Establish contact both internally and with outside parties like suppliers and distributors.
- To be able to read and understand import/export agreements and other similar legal papers.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts.
- Work with people who have different perspectives than you do to figure out what’s wrong and how to fix it.
See Also: Contractor Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Responsibilities of a Supply Chain Manager
- work with procurement managers and buyers to source the right products.
- negotiate contracts with suppliers and customers.
- control manufacturing and delivery processes.
- plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met.
- oversee product storage, handling and distribution.
- use computer software to track goods from origin to delivery.
- work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analyzing performance.
- manage the costs involved while maintaining quality.
- ensure you’re aware of exactly what is happening throughout the supply chain.
- manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff.
- improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process.
- develop new and existing relationships with suppliers.
- manage and minimize the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain.
- consider the environmental impact of the supply chain in order to meet sustainability targets.
- implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams.
- Determine key supply chain KPIs.
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Train and evaluate others.
- Provide constructive feedback.
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chains.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
See Also: HVAC Technician Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Qualifications of a Supply Chain Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- Three years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required.
Skills of a Supply Chain Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
See Also: Front-End Developer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Salary of a Supply Chain Manager
The average Supply Chain Manager salary in the United States is $120,283 as of December 27, 2022, but the range typically falls between $105,678 and $137,068. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession
In summary, job description for supply chain manager is to collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain. They analyze current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
Finally, identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner.
Leave a Reply