In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Tax Preparer Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of a Tax Preparer, responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Tax Preparer Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Tax Preparer Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be Informing clients or employers about the tax preparation process. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview.
Read Also: Finance Accountant Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
Tax Preparer Job Description
A tax preparer is a qualified professional who assists clients with the preparation and filing of their income tax returns. During the tax preparation process, they meet with clients to review financial records, complete all tax forms, and ensure that completed forms comply with legislation and regulations.
Tax Preparers are employed by both businesses and individuals to assist in the preparation and filing of tax returns and financial documents. A Tax Preparer is generally well-versed in the current legal requirements for various forms, as well as the steps required to submit the information correctly the first time. A Tax Preparer is typically employed by an accounting firm or as an independent contractor. Furthermore, a Tax Preparer is knowledgeable about various allowances, grants, and deductible expenses that can save businesses thousands of dollars each year.
Education and certification requirements vary by state, but a Tax Preparer should have a high school diploma and some experience in tax or finance. A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required for qualified applicants. The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) offers certification, which is preferred by many employers.Tax Preparer Job Description
Read Also: Litigation Support Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
Duties of Tax Preparer (Tax Preparer Job Duties)
- Determining tax credits, deductions, and liabilities
- Examining whether tax returns are in accordance with government tax rules and regulations
- Responding to clients’ financial inquiries
Responsibilities of Tax Preparer
- Organizing client meetings.
- Providing tax preparation advice to clients.
- Creating and submitting tax returns on behalf of clients.
- Managing client and tax authority communication.
- All tax forms are being audited for completeness and accuracy.
- Providing clients with future tax planning.
- Increasing client retention and expanding the client base.
- Analyzing tax data submitted by the client in order to maximize the client’s outcome.
- Individual and business clients’ income tax returns are signed.
- Attend continuing education courses to stay up to date on form changes and new standards for completing tax paperwork.
- Create invoices and payment requests for services rendered based on the difficulty and time spent preparing the forms.
- Check tax forms filled out by clients to ensure proper submission.
- When confronted with particularly difficult tax circumstances, conduct thorough research and seek the advice of senior preparers.
- Collect necessary materials such as yearly tax tables, instructions, and forms to accurately calculate taxes for clients.
- Inform clients about important paperwork and documentation required to properly complete tax forms.
- Collaborate with clients to gather personal information about potential deductions, educational grants, or allowances.
- Meet with clients to address their tax forms and paperwork questions and concerns.
- Calculate your tax payments.
- Calculate your tax returns, deductions, liabilities, and expenses.
- Annual and quarterly reports must be prepared.
- Gather information from income and expense statements.
- Complete the tax documentation for your clients.
- Examine report data for possible errors.
- Answer tax and financial questions
- Investigate new tax trends and regulations.
- Provide tax planning advice to individuals and businesses.
- Ensure that the government’s tax rules are followed.
Read Also: Retail Assistant Manager Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
Qualifications for Tax Preparer (Tax Preparer Job qualifications)
- The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) certification is strongly preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED is required, with college-level accounting courses preferred.
- Professional experience working with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience troubleshooting common tax program problems and proficiency with tax preparation software
- Extensive experience consulting tax manuals or other printed materials to determine the proper procedure for preparing difficult returns.Tax Preparer Job Description
Tax Preparer Job Skills
- Understanding of state and federal tax form processes, as well as how to correctly prepare forms for each
- Ordering correct tax forms and instruction booklets
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet deadlines with a large number of clients
- Accounting processes and advanced mathematical skills are required.
- Excellent customer service skills, including patience and adaptability
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and strategic thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Read Also: Computer Security Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills & Salary
Tax Preparer Job Salary
Based on 11 salaries, an entry-level Tax Preparer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.36. Based on 5 salaries, a mid-career Tax Preparer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.49. Based on 5 salaries, an experienced Tax Preparer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.00.
Read Also: Florist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills, and Salary
In summary, a Tax Preparer is a professional who assists clients in filing their taxes. They meet with these clients to go over their financial records and ensure that all of their information on tax forms is correct. The Preparer also ensures that they will not be audited.Tax Preparer Job Description
Leave a Reply