In this article, we will show you detailed and updated Technical Project Manager Job descriptions. Here you will also find the duties of the Technical Project Manager responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and estimated annual salary.
This Technical Project Manager Job Description template provides critical duties and responsibilities for the Technical Project Manager Job Description. It’s ready to post on various job sites to assist you to recruit and hire people who will be responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives within a company. As a job seeker, you can use this information to make a very rich resume and as well get yourself prepared for an interview
Read Also: Inventory Control Specialist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Technical Project Manager Job Description
A Technical Project Manager is in charge of project planning and management for established firm objectives. They ensure that projects are executed to specification, on time, and within budget. A Technical Project Manager is the company’s lead subject matter expert on technological issues. They will also hire and train extra support personnel in a company’s IT department. They apply their knowledge of the sector to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.Technical Project Manager Job Description
Technical Project Managers are often engaged by major corporations to handle a variety of internal projects, by consulting firms that lease out Technical Project Managers to companies or organizations in need of one for a specific project, or by themselves as freelancers.
A master’s degree in Project Management or Technology is required for this top position in a corporation. Individuals that flourish in the job of Technical Project Manager are those who work effectively in a collaborative atmosphere and pay close attention to detail.
Read Also: Inventory Clerk Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Duties of Technical Project Manager (Technical Project Manager Job Duties)
- Create management, communication, and process plans.
- Analyze and develop management and technological methods.
- Define project duties in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Participate in the allocation of budget and personnel for the project.
- Keep track of project timelines, budget projections, and status reports.
Responsibilities of Technical Project Manager
- Make project plans with the appropriate team members.
- Supervise team members and make sure deadlines are met.
- Keep the project budget intact.
- Implement health and safety protocols.
- Prepare status reports for upper management.
- Determine the resources required for the project and locate them.
- Supervise the implementation of project enhancements.
- Create and implement training plans and methods for all technical workers.
- Analyze, design, and define project-specific needs and standards.
- Assign and supervise technical personnel’s daily activities, while ensuring that all subordinates are actively working toward defined milestones.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to assess progress and handle any project-related concerns or challenges.
- Determine and specify precise deliverables, roles, and duties for individual project or initiative staff members.
- When making big purchases on behalf of the company, conduct research and evaluation of hardware and software technology solutions, as well as a cost/benefit analysis.
- Recruit and train exceptional candidates for open jobs in the technical department.
- All production technologies must be updated and maintained to ensure proper maintenance and installation.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Create comprehensive project plans that integrate client requirements with company objectives, and coordinate multiple management and technical people across all project phases, from early creation to implementation.
- Continuously monitor project progress and provide thorough planned updates on quantifiable items such as milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively communicate with all workers involved to provide encouragement, identify difficulties, develop solutions, and execute efficiency improvements.
- Analyze project economics and provide meaningful input on cost-benefit and return-on-investment requirements.
- Examine proposed adjustments to project plans, including meetings with stakeholders to approve and execute good improvements.
- Oversee the purchase of resources and supplies before and during projects by communicating with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants, as well as negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate future project details by connecting directly with customers and staying up to date on key trends and industry news.
Read Also: UI Designer Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Qualifications for Technical Project Manager (Technical Project Manager Job qualifications)
- A master’s degree in project management or a technical subject linked to project management is necessary.
- Professional Project Management Certification from a recognized institution is preferred.
- Experience in management requiring analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and developing growing technology talent
Technical Project Manager Job Skills
- Understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and approaches is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities, as well as experience defining guidelines for others in these areas
- Personal accountability for decision-making and directing department teams is strong.
- Working in a high-level collaborative atmosphere and promoting a cooperation culture is a plus.
- Capability to anticipate issues and endeavor to avoid them proactively
Read Also: Journalist Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
Technical Project Manager Job Salary
Based on 55 salaries, an entry-level Technical Project Manager with less than one year of experience can expect to make an average total compensation (tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $75,531 each year. Based on 889 salaries, an early career Technical Project Manager with 1-4 years of experience gets an average total salary of $85,486. Based on 949 salaries, the average total income for a mid-career Technical Project Manager with 5-9 years of experience is $98,009. Based on 959 salaries, an experienced Technical Project Manager with 10-19 years of experience gets an average total salary of $113,203. Employees in their late careers (20 years and more) earn an average total salary of $116,579 per year.Technical Project Manager Job Description
Read Also: Receiving Clerk Job Description, Duties, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills and Salary
In summary, A Technical Project Manager, sometimes known as a Project Manager, is in charge of overseeing projects to ensure that the suggested plan corresponds to the timeframe, budget, and scope. Their responsibilities include detailed project planning, setting schedules for all stakeholders, and carrying out each step of the project.
Leave a Reply