In this post, you will see the Value Advisor job description, roles and responsibilities, and qualifications needed for the job position.
Value Advisor job description
Value Advisor helps companies transform their organizations by collaboratively developing justifications for technology investment decisions, aligning solutions and business outcomes to strategic imperatives, building business cases, and developing value roadmaps. Successful Industry Advisors provide industry thought leadership, strategic solution advice and expert consultation to support customer co-innovation, and business process performance improvement programs.
Industry Advisor is a critical role supporting our Utilities and State/Local Industry sectors business to grow sales pipeline and engage with our customers to secure revenue. The Industry Advisor provides deep understanding and industry perspective, strategic solution advice, and thought leadership to support sales cycles and customer co-innovation programs, drive pipeline growth and quality through demand generation strategies, and contribute to building and maintaining SAP’s leadership position in the industry and associated industry segments
A good Value Advisor is responsible for developing and executing a business case framework and a delivery process that engages our prospects and customers in a collaborative calculation of total revenue opportunity, total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI). This person will collaborate closely with the Customer Data Analytics team to advise on how to maintain and augment industry benchmarks, and to identify additional measures of performance that showcase company’s capabilities in support of Sales and Customer Success.
Duties And Responsibilities of Value Advisor
Successful Industry Advisors provide thought leadership and expert consultation to support customer business transformations for strategic co-innovation and business process performance improvement programs. Other responsibilities include development of SAP’s brand through thought leadership delivered through content creation and presentations, social and traditional media interviews, etc. Development of industry relevant field content as well as enabling the field sales teams on industry context.
Area 1 – Market Analysis And Strategy
- Analyze the industry’s potential and help craft a go-to-market approach for the industry defining the big sales plays for the industry
- Combine SAP go-to-market strategies with industry perspective to develop and execute programs designed to build high-quality pipeline
- Work closely with industry and regional marketing management to ensure that we align marketing dollars to big bet areas in the industry
Area 2 – Business Development
- Lead initial meetings with customer executives and educate the customers on industry trends, successes at other companies in their industry and SAP Portfolio
- Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities, create account strategies, and execute sales plays
- Build and maintain a customer network and link customers together to help build and secure pipeline
- Develop customer references in the industry to showcase SAP’s customer successes and educate the ecosystem on these references
Area 3 – Thought Leadership
- Write whitepapers and other thought leadership pieces to illustrate important industry / cross-industry topics
- Develop content for conveying the SAP strategy and industry solutions (including new innovations) while working closely with other global industry teams
Area 4 – Industry Brand Management
- Development of SAP’s brand through thought leadership, content creation, appearances in industry events, articles and social & traditional media interviews, etc.
- Represent SAP externally on a regional and national level on industry sector, innovation and value management related topics
Area 5 – Customer Engagement
- Lead and help shape the engagement by advising the account teams to ensure a right industry message is delivered in deal engagement and execution deliverables such as Business Cases and other customer executive presentation documents. This is a critical part of the job that typically consumes most of the position’s time.
Experience needed for Value Advisor
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred either as a practitioner or an operational consultant to the industry
- Viewed as industry expert and knowledgeable on how technology addresses industry challenges and opportunities.
- Proficient speaker in customer 1:1 and 1: Many event situations. Must exhibit an executive presence
- SAP Industry and/or product line business development. Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues, SAP technologies preferred
Value Advisor Qualifications, Education And Preferred Skills
- Ability to produce storylines and high-quality presentations in PowerPoint with a very keen eye for detail
- Executive presence demonstrated by excellent and energetic public speaking skills
- Passion for technology. SAP technology knowledge is a bonus
- Proven CXO engagement skills
- Product marketing acumen (segment, target, content, lead strategy, etc.)
- Positive, Motivated, Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Participation in relevant industry associations is a strong positive
Quality of a Good Value Advisor
- Business development profile – willingness to travel 40% to 60%
- This is an elite team with high visibility and exposure to SAP and Customer leadership
- Agile, Flexible work environment
- We are proud to have a culture of trust within the team where teamwork is encouraged
- We are a great team for lifelong learners and learning never stops
A highly experienced individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who will define and deliver a business case framework and delivery process that will scale easily across a growing number of customer opportunities with a growing delivery team. You must be an exceptional communicator, have a background in retail financial data analysis, and previous experience in a role that provided critical support to the Sales team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of retail and/or consulting experience
- Extremely proficient in financial modeling and analysis (predominantly utilizing excel)
- Strong research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Very strong written and presentation communication skills, delivered with professional presence
- Track record of success helping to sell solutions that transform a customer’s business
- Knowledge of retail cloud and in-store commerce systems
- An ability to engage directly with C-Level executives at Fortune 500 Retailers
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and retail executives.
- Sales-driven philosophy that enables field success and helps drive revenue
- Willing to travel 50%
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.